Saturday, April 5, 2014

Here I Go Again (edited)

That little pudge under my bellybutton I mentioned at the end of the last post?

It's okay, I'll wait while you go back and refresh your memory.

Done yet?

How about now?

Okay, good...

It may be getting bigger for the next 8 months or so.

We're in shock. Dadblastit, if infertility can't be counted on as birth control, what the heck is it good for?!

One positive test so far*, after AF was supposed to start on April 1 (yes, at first I figured the non-arrival was a sick joke by Mother Nature), OB's office won't do an ultrasound until 8-10 weeks and we're going on a long planned and longer anticipated Caribbean vacation in the next couple of weeks, but will be back before 8 weeks.

So much for the copious alcoholic beverages I was planning to enjoy. And if I remember correctly, it was dead on the start of week 6 with LO when morning sickness hit with a vengeance. Nothing like being on an airplane or at a lovely resort and not being able to enjoy it because everything makes you want to hurl!

And that's assuming that all is going well and there isn't a repeat of last summer's events; nothing like packing for a beach and pool time and having to take up room with an overload of supplies and then if they are needed not feeling comfortable wearing things which expose one's bottom.

Since erasing the knowledge of what could happen isn't exactly possible, I'm working on not getting too excited or worried about it, hoping for the best while anticipating the worst.

But I will be making that OB ultrasound appointment ASAP.  And calling the RE's office to get their input on anything I can do until then to ease my worries!


*I will note that the one test so far had no reluctance in quickly coming up with a nice dark line, unlike last summer when they were light but still visible. So that's giving me some shred of hope. I need to get one of the new-fangled ones which give a positive plus a guesstimate of how many weeks.

EDIT: Did the digital test this morning and it gave a 2-3 week past ovulation time frame, so still assuming all is well. And mentally twiddling my thumbs until Monday when I can make some calls.

2 comments:

  1. *BIG FAT FLAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

    Wishing you all the best that this one is good and sticky!!! Seems like the year of the baby for my friends and me. I hope you're in the club permanently! ♥ ♥ ♥

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUCK ME, I NEED TO CHANGE THE FUCKING READER WHO FUCKS ME OVER AND OVER! I missed THIS post!!
    So.
    YAAAAAAAAAAY.
    I am such a ridiculous cow, but I am such a very happy for you, jumping-up-and-down-for-you cow!

    ReplyDelete