Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Point to the Kinder Gentler Side

I'm just going to let it out here - the Duggars! #20? Really? After the issues with the last one, you think this pregnancy is going to be better?

Jeez.

Of course, this comes on top of today's Mississippi personhood initiative vote. What do you want to bet that the Duggars are all for that?

The evil part of me really wants one or more of their daughters/daughters-in-law to have fertility issues, and then perhaps they might understand that their procreative abilities don't bring joy to everyone. But no, even then they probably wouldn't get it. God's will covers a whole crap-load of willful ignorance.

The kinder gentler part of me, well, hell, she's being suppressed by the evil part of me, but if she wasn't I suppose she'd be more understanding. The evil part of me doesn't get it, but then I don't understand why anyone thinks they should have the right to tell me what I can and can't do with my body. And with that admission, the kinder gentler part of me emerges victorious to remind me of the little fact that by that thinking, I really can't say anything about the Duggar's choices. Damn it.

What I can say is that I'm tired of them making a big production about every freaking pregnancy. So they can get pregnant, stay pregnant and pop out healthy(ish) live babies. So can every 6th person (using the 1 in 7 metric). I do hope this pregnancy goes the same, but if not, I hope God's will comforts them because I sure won't.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Lord, this leaves me speechless...
    As for the Mississippi, I cannot believe that this happens in this century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me angry. She is nearly guaranteed to have preeclampsia again with this one. They say that they'll take "as many children as God wants them to have." GOD is screaming at them to stop. sigh. thatsallihavetosayaboutthat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean that I found out about the Duggars from you and that left me speechless. Recklessness and sheer stupidity usually does that.

    But this proves my point that even though I stopped somehow reading the news, if something is worthy of knowing, I will eventually find out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really mind the Duggars, but I don't watch the show anymore. Having said that, OMG!! 20?! After all the issues with Josie, how could they put themselves through that again? What if it's twins?! Gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just goes to show -- just because a woman CAN have 20 children, doesn't mean she should.

    ReplyDelete