Friday, April 10, 2009

Summons(es)

There were two on the door when I got home last night.

One for me. One for DH.

For me, Jury Duty for the first time ever. Let me repeat that: First time ever. Supposedly a one day? Trial date two weeks from today. I'm really hoping I don't get picked; I'd rather be at work. In HS my AP government class participated in a mock trial at the Marine Corps JAG (Judge Advocate General) School. It wasn't a far trip - the JAG school is located in my hometown. My one brilliant contribution was a snide comment about one the attorney's (prosecuting?) ugly tie that had distracted me from paying attention to the trial. I was so cool. (In my own mind at least.)

DH has been named in a trial I can't talk about. I can tell you the issue in question was not his fault. It still sucks though. He's got to be in court in a different county/town for at least part of the week after I have to be at the courthouse for jury duty.

I think we're about to learn more about the justice system than either of is really wanted to know!

2 comments:

  1. How random that you each got summoned on the same day! Imagine what the person who delivered the summons was thinking! :)
    P.S. The one time I was called for jury duty, I was out of state for college so I didn't have to report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am going to jinx something here, but I've never been called for jury duty. I am sooo literally knocking on wood right now!

    ReplyDelete