Friday, April 10, 2009

Oops, I Did It. Again.

This morning when I went to leave for work I turned the key in the ignition and instead of the light rumble of the motor I heard click, click, click, whine.

Again. More with the whining, less with the clicking.

Dead battery? How? Why?

Then I notice that the headlights are on. Still on from last night? Check to make sure the light control is set to auto...yep.

What else? Hmmm. The passenger window was down overnight. Should that have been a trigger to not turn off the lights? That's strange. (And further research will be done when I have time, and am not almost late for work already.)

Go back inside, grab the keys to the Tahoe and transfer everything I needed to take to the Tahoe. Along the way, thank God for 3 vehicles so I don't have to be late for work, again. I could have called neighborhood Security team for a jump, and it wouldn't have taken as long as having to wait for a tow truck. But I still would have been later.

Drive to work in the Tahoe - with the warning from DH "Don't back into anything..." Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Get strange looks from my boss and his wife...and so on.

Why was the window down? Because the gallon of milk I bought on my way home from work yesterday was on the floorboard coming home. Along the way it turned on it's side and leaked - maybe a 1/4 cup max. on both the mat and carpet under the mat.

Don't know about you, but the idea of milk spoiling in my car was unappealing, so I cleaned it immediately after getting home. Rather than let the odor of the cleaning agent (the enzymatic one we use for pet issues) seep into the upholstery overnight, I opened the passenger side window to let it dry and hopefully de-fume.

Who knew that dealing with one seemingly simple issue would lead to another, more problematic one?

No comments:

Post a Comment