Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HSG update...

The procedure is scheduled for 8AM 4/23/08

I have to be at the hospital at 7:30AM.

The hospital is an hour away.

You do the math on when we have to get up assuming at least an hour for both of us to shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, deal with the animals, etc.*

DH doesn't anticipate getting to work earlier than 11:30 or 12noon. Assuming 2 hours for the round trip, an hour for the procedure, 30min back at the house for lunch and a quick nap, and then his commute back the same direction.**

I will be picking up my Rx for Valium, a pain reliever, and antibiotics today as my pharmacy has a policy of only holding filled prescriptions for a certain # of days.

Wish me luck!***

(Jeez, I've gotten asterisk happy recently, haven't I?)



*This is partly why I wanted to have it done in town...but after my last experience, I'm willing to drive the extra time and mileage to have the RE there in the room while it's being done.

**Of course, if the procedure takes longer, or our return trip is delayed, that will shorten his day even further. I really appreciate his willingness to be there for me, and I hope it doesn't affect his status at work. Before he changed jobs he had so much flex and vacation and sick leave that it wasn't a problem. He hasn't had much time to build any of that up at the new job.

***That the Valium and pain reliever do their jobs and that the procedure goes well. And that I don't freak myself out between now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Wishinf you lots of luck! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck - I hope your HSG experience is actually a good one this time!

    ReplyDelete