Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mole, mole, mole (Take 2)

So Friday I went down for what I thought was going to be a consult but turned into a removal appt. Not really prepared for that, but I really liked the surgeon (all he does is dermatological surgery) - and liked him even more after he admitted that he also had times when he had vasovagal response. (My trigger: medical procedures. Not really something one can desensitize to easily.)

But when I walked into the waiting room I was greeted by a sea of grey and bald heads. If I hadn't double checked the sign outside the door before walking in, I would have thought I'd walked into a gerontologists office.

Anyway, he supposedly has now removed all of the offending mole (suspicious cells...whee!) and an appropriate surround, including some lovely scar tissue from the sutures used to close the initial sample, and I should be receiving a call from the office in the near future regarding the results of the further testing.

As you might imagine, I would much prefer that this be the end of it. Because as per the first paragraph, I don't really want to work on that desensitization thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment