Friday, September 18, 2009

Un-frozen?

I have to assume so as I have heard nothing to indicate otherwise.

The good news is there's plenty of other stress in my life that's trumping my fears for today.

The bad news is that there is other stress in my life.

Part of the stress is related to having some work done on the yard to repair some damage done thanks to another project. It's like replacing one thing in a room and then realizing the rest of the room needs work as well - the snowball effect is in full force.

The majority of my current stress level is tied to DH's work situation. He's salaried and is currently putting in significantly more than 40 hours a week between some travel requirements and in-office time. This means I'm responsible for a lot more around the house than I am used to, including keeping a strict eye on the above project. (A project he understands much more than I. Never a good situation when certain results are expected.)

After a call on my way to work to my mother to whine, pout and moan, I am feeling a little better; especially since I can't really complain to DH about the time he is away because I know he hates it too. But I have already caught myself feeling like just one more thing could push me into a panic attack a couple of times in just the past couple days. I know we will get through this time, right now it just feels a bit like the perfect storm.

I'm really looking forward to that Valium I'm supposed to take before the transfer.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you today and hope that you have some beauties to transfer (so far so good, it sounds) and that it is super smooth. Enjoy that Valium, too.

    As for the other stuff, I've found that most of the times, it falls into place, whether or not I worry about it. So, I'd say, do your best and that's all you can do.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything you've got going on! If you're looking for some levity, I suggest going heavy with the Valium and stumbling outside holding a martini glass while wearing a bathrobe with your hair all messy while the people are working on your yard.

    Slur something about being underappreciated and a CLASSY LADY, DANG IT and then stumble back into the house.

    Fun for everyone!

    ReplyDelete