Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Fun

Believe it or not, I am not a party person. My picture could be posted next to introvert in the dictionary. All of which goes to explain why yesterday is a blur after attending not one, not two, but three (3!) social events over the weekend.

Event number one - Saturday: The annual ski patrol picnic. It's strange to see everyone out of their winter clothes and in shorts (the end of the season usually brings out the t-shirts, so not so strange there). In addition to our dog there were at least 7 others. And one very pregnant lady. Knew she was pregnant so no surprise there.

Event number two - Saturday: A family birthday party for DH's father. Also in attendance, his cousin and wife who brought the 15-month old twin granddaughters they were babysitting. Adorable but walking in a non-baby-proofed house with stairs. I couldn't just sit there and let others have all the fun.

Event number three - Sunday: A surprise party for DH's father with 60-80 friends, family, and employees in attendance. (I'm horrible at guessing how many people are at a party.) DH's mother and I participated in the decorating effort at the party location, so I was on my feet for a good portion of eight hours.

It's not that it wasn't nice to see so many people we hadn't seen in a while, years in some cases, it's just a huge energy drain for both of us to spend that much time with others and one night of sleep wasn't enough to counteract the mental energy all three events required.

That's why at 8:30PM last night, I was curled up on the couch, under the blanket, dozing while DH first watched the beginning of a movie, played a round of golf on the PS3, finished the end of the movie, and then started another show before deciding it was bed time for all of us.

Today I'm back to normal - or at least as normal as I get.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of socializing for one weekend! I hate it when I fall asleep while watching TV, you always wake up all groggy and drowsy, wondering what time it is and feeling exceedingly unwilling to shower before bed. Oy.

    ReplyDelete