Monday, February 16, 2009

So, How Was It For YOU?

For once, I was ahead of the game, put some thought into it, and got the appropriate cards and gifts more than a day before the occasion. (I don't ever think I'm going to live down the home safe incident.)

On the flip side, DH, who is normally the one who plans gifts long in advance and never forgets to pick up a card, ran out of time and had neither a card nor a gift in hand for Saturday. He was honest though, and told me Friday so I wasn't expecting anything.

DH and his brother got their sweets and cards on Saturday - a box of chocolates each - Garfield theme for DH, Kahlua flavor for his brother; and in addition raisinettes and one of those big Hershey kisses for DH. The PS3 games I bought him are currently waiting for him to get up this morning so he can enjoy them today (lucky guy gets President's Day as a paid holiday!).

Sunday afternoon I got a surprise gift from DH! He bought me a new pair of ski's to replace the pair I've purchased shortly after we started dating. Apparently the huge grin on my face after trying them out was enough to convince him. Of course, they are also President's Day, Anniversary, St. Patrick's Day and many other holiday presents as well, and it means that instead of spending next weekend at home catching up on cleaning I'll be up at the condo again wearing myself out skiing.

Good thing I don't have to worry about pregnancy interfering with my skiing. (There's gotta be something good about failure, right?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad DH got you a neat gift you'll enjoy. Sorry to hear about the no-baby-interference thing though. You're a tough chick, though, and I have no doubt you'll find a way to make it through IVF if that's something you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have always been anti-Valentine's Day. For some reason, we're just not that into it. Since we've had Carter, we've done very well at pretending to be into it! Keep us posted on the next stage of the journey.

    ReplyDelete