Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's That Kind of Day

Disappointment #1: Waking up to some of the worst cramps I've had in a long time.

Disappointment #2: Realizing I left my driver's license in the pants I wore to Bunco last night and having to take the courtesy van instead of the rental car my husband had finagled while his vehicle was in the shop today.

I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop over here. Hopefully it doesn't clonk me on the head!

***Edited***

#3 - Not a Disappointment so much as it was an experience I don't want to repeat...
After picking up DH's vehicle, I encountered my first ever police checkpoint. Of all days to be with out my license! Thought for sure I would get a ticket for not having the license on me - but the officer was able to radio into HQ and confirm via my social that I did have authorization to operate a motor vehicle. Despite the outcome being better than I anticipated and the officer being very nice about the whole thing, it took my hands a long while to stop shaking. And I don't think that I'll be forgetting to return my license to my wallet any time soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your day turns around for the better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, cramps are a terrible way to wake up! Then again, though, you did wake up with two bad things happening, so technically there are no more shoes left to drop! Who walks around carrying more than two shoes anyway? The kind of person who would walk around carrying multiple shoes to drop is exactly the kind of person you don't need in your life. I say fire the shoe-dropper and go have a brownie!

    ReplyDelete