Monday, December 22, 2008

The Good News

Because there's so much bad out there...

Here's the good stuff only:
  • The RE's office had an unused 600unit vial of Follistim, which they were able to give me, reducing our medication bill for this round by that much.
  • Thanks to my moderate response to the last cycle, and the holidays, I'm only going in once, a week from today, for a check before they schedule the IUI. So that's also a cut in the cost.
  • I'm going to allow myself one cup of punch at the family party Saturday night. Treatments be damned, I want to join in the fun.
  • Gifts have been purchased for my grandmother, father, father-in-law, and brother-in-law. Am thinking happy thoughts about the shopping still to do for my mother, mother-in-law, and DH (oh my gah, what to get him?!).
  • When I went to fill up my gas tank on the way back from the RE's appointment this morning, the sign listed the price at $1.55 / gallon, but I was only charged $1.49 / gallon. I was able to fill up from a quarter tank for less than $20! Wow.
  • DH and I spent a good portion of Sunday getting the gazillion wires associated with his computer and peripherals unknotted and tamed into a semblance of organization. This also included sorting various A/V cables and electrical cords into tubs.
  • The count for Christmas dinner has been finalized at 5. Now I can buy a turkey! (For some reason, I didn't want to end up with a 19lb turkey to feed the invited 9, and then only have 5 at the table.)
  • I have the whole week after Christmas off work at full pay! This is something for which I am very grateful considering the precarious positions so many others are in or facing.

3 comments:

  1. Go forth and booze, good friend! You totally deserve some delicious punch and a full measure of holiday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad there's some good considering the disappointments you've had lately. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a ton done! Good luck with the turkey!

    ReplyDelete