Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Smokin'

Not me, the air.

(Though DH says I'm hot, so I could be smokin', but not in the sense I'm trying to discuss here, before I got off on this tangent.)

And I'm not a fan of cigarettes, but that's a topic for another rant.

There's a forest fire, in the Great Dismal Swamp (I know, swamp equals mushy, wet, icky stuff and does not equal fire...right?), which is about 65 miles south of our house. And less than 40 miles south from my office. Ironically, the forestry guys were trying to clear out some of the dead wood left from a hurricane a few years back to prevent the chances of a fire - and the equipment they were using started the fire.

I can't wait for the wind to switch back around so I can breathe again without my lungs wanting to leap out of my throat.

(I also wouldn't turn down some of that rain the mid-west is getting - that could go a long way towards putting out the flames.)

No comments:

Post a Comment