Sunday, July 6, 2014

Another Month, Another OB Visit (June)

The fetal monitor proved the little heart is still wooshing away, which I was fairly certain of thanks to still experiencing the occasional need to rush to an appropriate receptacle for the emptying of my stomach contents {edited in July: this is pretty much over, hurrah!}, and s/he will soon be receiving extra progesterone nightly in the hopes that his/her arrival is more delayed than LO's. {July note: I finally got to the pharmacy to pick it up and they had no record of it being called in, so need to make that phone call tomorrow.}

New and different this time? Uncomfortable cramping 'down there' when I've spent too much time on my feet.  OB did a cervical check and all is well there, so she agreed that the smart thing is to get off my feet and rest when that starts up as I've already been trying to do.

I'm also starting to feel the occasional punch and kick which is always fun (at least until they become vicious). {July note: punching and kicking is apparently not as much fun as seeing how far one can stretch out in a confined space.}

Oh, and in case you were wondering how the bloodwork came back from the last visit? I don't remember the exact ratios but they were better per bloodwork than per age, so that was positive!  I had more blood taken today (June) for the 2nd part of the testing (I didn't ask questions). The first attempt ended poorly - the tech was trying to dig for the vein, but thankfully quickly gave up the search.  The second attempt went much better, unfortunately it was mostly thanks to the smaller needle of the second butterfly device. The tech said she was sent the wrong ones, and the lab didn't like them. Frankly I didn't understand why it makes a difference since all they should be seeing is the tube with the blood, but what do I know? [Okay, per wikipedia the smaller needles can cause problems with the red blood cells, so the issue is the quality of the sample which stinks because the smaller needles are much less likely to be painful. Moving on.]

In other life news, the remodeling project of doom appears to be dragging ever more slowly than before.  We finally got the counters installed in the laundry room only to realize that the sink was the  wrong brand, which might have been liveable had the faucet hole not been placed incorrectly. So that all had to be redone.  Also needing to be redone? Our shower. As in a full tear out of the old tile and maybe the underlayment below because the attempted regrout left more of a problem than we had started with.  So frustrating! That's not going to happen until the end of July.{July note: counters and sink have now been replaced and the laundry room is complete excluding the final electrical stuff. Wood for the re-do of 1/2 our downstairs wood floors is to be delivered tomorrow with demo & install to begin the following week. DH and I still need to go select the new tile for the shower. Woo.}

2 comments:

  1. Yay. I've seen pictures recently taken two years ago, and in the ones I am smiling, I am sitting, feet up. I remember how nice it was to sit after not being able to.
    How 'bout a photo then? Here, twitter, wherever you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations! My word time really is flying.

    ReplyDelete