- We agreed on a contract on our house today.
- Our house was on the market for <20 days in a community where 4-5 months is standard and there's something like 30 houses on the market at any given time.
- They will be paying cash.
- Closing isn't scheduled until the end of August.
- The contract is at our go no lower price.
- The house where our contract was rejected because of the contingency of having to sell our house went under contract last week (for reals this time) & we currently have no other options.
It's totally bittersweet. We put so much of ourselves into this house and yard, and yet we are making the decision to move on without the pressure of any outside factors (if you discount the fact that DH has been making a 45-60+ minute one-way commute for 4 years and it's starting to not only affect the time he is home but his mental health also).
Anyway, that's our big news.
Cross your fingers and such that the perfect house for us will come on the market ASAP so we don't end up in some crappy rental (thanks to having 3 pets) for an indefinite period.
And if you are in the Richmond, VA area or know anyone there who can give me a heads up on preschools and other kid activities to avoid, I would really appreciate it!