Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not That I Would Really Do This...

Sleep deprivation at 2AM this morning had me contemplating the ad I would place on Craig.slist...

For Sale: One Baby, slightly used. All systems functioning properly and regular maintenance has been performed as per the manufacturers schedule.

It was one of those nights. The kind where your sleep-deprived brain can't look at a clock and recognize that it's past time for a feeding and that would be why the child won't stop fussing.

I know I said earlier she rocks my world - I just didn't know it was going to stay so far off-balance.

6 comments:

  1. How much???
    haha, well, I am sure you would get lots of offers........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there...thought of doing that, too!

    Believe me, 4 months into this wild ride of parenthood I find myself in tears from time to time with frustration. It is definitely difficult. More so than I ever thought.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this very well. It gets better, so better. Just hang in there and fantasize about moving to Hawaii to sleep for three weeks on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear, you sound exhausted. I do hope you get some rest sometime soon. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, we've all been there. The night Aidan got circumcised and fussed from 7 pm to 1 am without a break, I recall seriously considering selling him to the gypsies. Where I would have found said gypsies I don't even know, but such as it is that's where my thoughts were.

    It'll get better. The first few weeks are boot camp, there's nothing for it but to just get through them. You're doing great, and Little One is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Get it. Totally get it.

    ReplyDelete