Friday, April 2, 2010

What the? Are you sure?

That was my initial internal reaction to the gender results at this morning's ultrasound.

I was so sure (and hopeful) that the gender would be one thing - and to have it be the other kinda shocked me. DH too. With the processing we're doing, the excitement hasn't really kicked in yet.

And I say that even as I toss nursery decor schemes around in my brain and contemplate hitting the winter clothing sales racks to stock up on the appropriate size and colors for next winter while the prices are good.

But really, I think it's okay to feel this way.

By the time our little ... wait for it ... GIRL arrives in August, you know I'm going to be ever so ready to meet HER.

Of course, she didn't want to cooperate (hmm, wonder where she gets that stubborn streak from?) and so we get another u/s at the next 4 week appointment to see if they can get a better peek at her heart. So, I'm going to ask them to double check at that appointment, you know, just in case!

Basic stats: she is measuring date appropriately, but perhaps running on the bottom half of the 50% percentile for size. Given that her mother, grandmothers, and at least one great grandmother are/were petite - that's not so surprising. Didn't get the heartbeat frequency but the little stinker moved mid-check, so she's doing just fine as am I. All tests from the last appointment came back as they should, so yay us!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go investigate the pink side.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter!! I was expecting a boy and got a boy and even I'm still processing! I can't imagine if it was what I wasn't expecting! Have fun diving into all the adorable baby girl clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wow, a little girl...
    So glad everything is just fine.
    And now the introduction to kicking has been made, you will start feeling her move more and more. These are really exciting times, aren't they? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I've had this feeling the whole time that your little one was a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so happy for you! Have fun looking for girly stuff!
    Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your little girl = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, all I can say is "welcome to team pink"!

    ReplyDelete