Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'd offer a penny, but I don't carry cash.

DH has on his Christmas list either an XBox 360 or a PlayStation 3.

We picked up a refurbished original XBox for our anniversary a few years back, but he'd like more games to play.

He likes RPG - fantasy and reality (= war), but also enjoys sports games like Madden Football.

I'd go for a Wii myself, but most of those games seem to not fall into his desired categories.

Based on the low amount of use he's given the one we have, I'm inclined to let his parents pick this one up. That way I don't get mad that I (we) spent a couple hundred dollars on something that mostly collects dust and not points.

Discuss...what you have, what you'd like, pro's and con's of either. Or any other options...

1 comment:

  1. We have a Wii and a PS3.

    IMO, most of the Wii games are more oriented toward families - kid's games, "fitness", sports, Guitar Hero, etc. I just can NOT get into pretending to play tennis by swinging that controller. And I think the "nunchuck" is uber-stupid. My DH liked it a little better than me but agreed we were not in the target demographic for the games being made.

    PS3 has a lot more games geared toward the "gamer" mentality, especially RPGs and FPSs - which are our faves. Basically, we really, really like the variety of games that are offered for this unit.

    ReplyDelete