Monday, October 6, 2008

Snickers and Bleach

Do you remember how I was concerned about what I might find in the condo refrigerator after not being there since April? (Click here to refresh your memories.)

Cheese monsters? Beer vs. Soda wars?

The fridge, it was unscathed. (We're not going to talk about the bag of cooked spaghetti noodles and what may or may not have transpired within the bag as Haz-Mat suits were not required for disposal.)

The extra-large bag of fun-size Snickers bars left in the cabinet drawer- that was not unscathed. Based on the evidence left behind, we had a small, furry visitor who OD'd on 8-10* pieces of candy before leaving for parts unknown. The same visitor also nibbled on the bag containing the rubber gloves under the sink but left the gloves untouched.

All I can say is that I'm very glad I had those rubber gloves and bleach on hand for the clean up.

Anti-bacterial kitchen spray is now on the list for our next trip up.



*What? You wanted me to count the empty wrappers as I was pulling them out of the drawer? Yuck!

1 comment:

  1. Since the significant restrictions to my blogging time took effect about 18 months ago, I always feel like I've flipped to a program already in progress. You have a time share condo?

    I don't think I'd have the nerves for it, personally. Last year, Turtle and I spent a week with her folks at the time share they had secured. The place was quite nice and decorated beautifully (“Oooh! Where can I get some of those balls made of sticks?”). We're not the sorts to get liquored up and punch holes in the walls, but I kept wondering if others were less meticulous about treating the property as they would their own. It made me cringe. I mean, I'm on pins and needles when family members come to visit, fretting over what small liberties they might take under the license of “make yourself at home.”

    Is yours an investment property, or do you live there at least part of the time? None of my business, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete