Monday, September 29, 2008

Paying the Piper...

It was a good weekend of slacked responsibilities.

Laundry is about the only thing I got done around the house.

Of course, that means that this week I have to change our sheets and clean the bathroom (shame those don't take care of themselves), think about vacuuming and damp mopping the floors, and decide on/prep foods to take next weekend. That's the Piper!

My logic (maybe fuzzy) is that I might as well wait a couple days this week to clean so that when we return next Sunday it doesn't have to be done immediately.

Yes, next weekend is the kickoff of our visits to our condo. We haven't been back since April. April, when I didn't clean out the fridge because we were going to be back another time to close it up for the summer. That trip back? It didn't happen.

I'm a little afraid of what I'll find in the fridge. Mutant cheese monsters terrorizing the downtrodden eggs? The remains of a war between beer and soda? Rubber gloves and bleach, they will be packed.

~~~~

In cool new things - last week I scored a 6 quart crockpot on sale, with rebate ($20 off total), and included little dipper pot from Kohl's. Even though it was in their sales flyer over the weekend, it hadn't made it onto the floor, so I was proud of myself for going to the customer service counter and asking for it. Then they had to find the rebate forms. I kept my cool and they were extraordinarily helpful. (If you're interested - it was a limited time offer on the rebate. I should have told you about it last week. My bad.)

I have a 4qt pot that was DH's before our marriage, and it's great but sometimes I need more room for those big yummy meals where you want lots of leftovers. So I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a 6qt pot and seized the opportunity! I can't wait for it to cool down enough to start on pot roasts, turkey breasts and other filling meals.

1 comment:

  1. I can't live without my crockpot and rebates are the best. I love when the check comes three weeks later and you've already kinda forgotten about it so when it comes it's like "WHOOO Free Money!!!"

    ReplyDelete