Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sometimes It Doesn't Take Much to Remind Me How Good We Have It

I'm grateful that the storms that came through last night only knocked our our electricity for a few hours and that we suffered from no other effects.

No flooding, no tornado, just enough lightening and/or wind to affect the transmission of a convenience that people survived without for thousands of years.

I'm grateful that the storms brought cooler weather with them so that we weren't sweltering while waiting for the power company to make the necessary repairs.

I'm grateful for the work DH put into setting up our electrical panels so the generator connects directly to them, and and for getting it running last night so that I could finish cooking dinner with so little interruption.

And finally, I'm grateful for the chance to be reminded that not everyone in America is so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment