Monday, May 19, 2008

Your Questions Answered, Part I

A while back I asked for your questions to help give me some topic ideas away from the fertility issues which had taken over. I will be answering them in the order received. Here's Part I.

Leslie asked two questions...in order to stretch this out as long as possible I will answer the first today and the second later.

Her first question was: What's your favorite place/city in the world and why?

This is a tough one. I've not seen that many places in the world, but from where I have been there are a couple places which really stand out as favorites.

The first one which comes to mind is the Sandals Regency St. Lucia Golf Resort. DH and I honeymooned there and have since returned once more (last spring) and it's just a really special place for us. It's one of those places we'd love to visit every year and tend to daydream about when things are stressful. What can beat sunning next to a pool with unlimited chair side adult-beverage delivery?

The second is the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I've been going there since I was a baby, and while it's really changed over the years, I know once I cross the bridge that all the stuff from home won't matter for the duration of the visit. A few months after DH and I started dating, we visited his parent's house down there. That visit was when I first knew that DH was "The One". There were some other highlights to that visit, but none so special.

What about you? What makes your favorite place/city so special?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Outer Banks--we go near Emerald Isle every summer-like you, Ive been going since I was a baby, and have lots of great memories.
    I may have to look into convincing my hubby to take me to that resort you linked--looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete