Monday, September 10, 2007

Area 51?!?!

Ok, this has nothing to do with aliens, and everything to do with this being my 51st post.

Go me!

So, vacation went well. I was able to relax and be lazy enough to go through about 45lbs of the 50lbs of books I picked up at the library before we left. We enjoyed dinner at Mako Mike's and caught a mild/moderately bad case of sunburn each. The weather was beautiful and the in-laws left Tuesday so we had a few days alone to just hang out together. And my DH shot an 88 at the country club golf course after not having picked up his clubs since Memorial Day weekend! That's really incredible and I am so proud of him! I went along as cart candy - just there to look pretty and cheer him (and my in-laws) on.

The only thing to mar the time we spent away was ... my screwed up body. Thank goodness I had the foresight to pack some supplies, but I didn't really think I was going to need them until the end of the week. This is not a good trend: 4 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week ... and yet the past few times have been relatively pain and other symptom free and only lasting a couple days each. But, on our vacation it spelled the end of my anticipated multiple romantic evenings, swimsuit wearing, etc.


In other, more uplifting news, tonight is the first meeting of the neighborhood Book Club for this year (Sept-June). Somehow I got suckered into leading the group when the last person stepped down a couple years ago. I know I'm going to be exhausted by the time this night is over. Being in front of a group and keeping everything orderly is really stressful for me. But it's not all bad - I've met a group of women (men are welcome, but don't seem to be interested) with some amazing life stories.

If anyone is interested in the books we are reading leave a note in the comments or send me an email (in my profile, over there, to the right). The books have been a great mix every year I have been with the group.

And thanks gals for all of your supportive comments on my "Just wanted to share..." post. It was really nice to come home to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment